Friday, May 11, 2012

State of the Industry

You know, I actually forgot I made this blog. It's been a year since my last post, and a lot has changed in the minecraft skin world. Back then the only way to make skins was to use the buggy program made by one of the community members, or painstakingly edit every pixel yourself in Paint or GIMP. Now there are online editors everywhere with all sorts of cool presets and features. I mean, even I can make awesome looking skins now with all this cool stuff. Back then the best I could do was, well...


Not pretty to say the least.

So, we've come a long way since Minecraft was "released" back in 2010. Skins now are just crazy, all this shading and whatnot. I'll admit I'm not privvy to all the proper lingo, but I do admire a lot of the awesome skins being made these days. I really can't believe that after 2 (almost 3) years I, and millions of other people, are still playing and enjoying Minecraft.

When you think about it now, it really has changed the gaming industry as a whole.Now there are a million other "Minecraft-genre" games, like Minetest and the soon-to-be Yogventures. People are also a lot more willing to spend money on games that aren't made yet, as evidenced by the millions of Kickstarter projects being funded recently (Yogventures being one of them).

Anyway, I'm not sure why I made this post.

1 comment:

  1. Can you please add a Link to my website at your blog? My website is about minecraft skins. Link : http://minecraftskins.org.uk

    ReplyDelete